Looking to “Mix” things up in your monkey’s diet? This is a smoothie mix for your monkeys or you could even make this into popsicles and give this to your monkeys on a hot day or as a treat. You can get the plastic popsicle containers from the dollar store and our monkeys love them because they have a plastic handle they can hold on to and it keeps their hands from getting cold.
Thank you Winona for sharing!
1 large apple (or 2 smaller apples)
1 large peer
4-6 monkey biscuits
1 Sweet Potato
Oatmeal or Multi Grain Cereal
Follow these steps:
- Peel fruits and put them in a blender together with 16.9fl oz bottle of water. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Add 4 to 6 monkey biscuits and one medium sized baked or micro waved sweet potato. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Put half of the mixed product into a holding container.
- Take remaining blend and add water until there is a funnel in the blender. Add Cereal to thicken the monkey smoothie.
- Take product in holding container and add to smoothie in blender. If there is still a funnel, add more cereal until funnel is gone.
You can store mixture into fridge for about 2 days.
I have substituted the water for unsweetened juice also, especially if I am making popsicles.